The Time Line
January 20 1876 - For Real Office of this date, it was granted the title of Count from Mortera to the respected shipowner Don Ramón Herrera y Sancibrián, natural of the Spanish county of Santander.
1899 - The building was leased to José Moure García who a few time later installed a denominated public house Las Cuatro Naciones, which still appeared announced in a commercial directory of 1912.
1900 - 1935 - In the third property of the hotel Armadores de Santander, resided the hotel, coffee, restaurant and lunch El Universo, property of Don José Cuenco Bodes; then, its high floor, was used like a public house.
1903 - 1909 - In the high floor of the main building was established the Balearic Center, charity association and Spanish residents' mutual help in the island.
1999 - 2002 - Process of restoration of the hotel for the Office of the Historian of the City of Havana, which was able to integrate three buildings functionally: two of them with dissimilar architectural styles and the other one entirety reconstructed.