Owners & Operators
The Hotel Armadores de Santander, as well it is known, integrates three constructions functionally, those that have spent for different centuries, ages, owners and lessees.
Toward 1884, the Herrera vapors’ line her had his own offices in one of these properties, thing that makes think that Don Ramón Herrera y Sancibrián, one of the first lessees of the first two buildings that existed in that time, because he resided in the second, which he bought later at the end of the same XIX century.
The main building, with its in front of the Luz street, it was built in 1897 by José Cabrero Mier, natural of Santander, besides of being the owner. Then in 1900, same José Cabrero bought the next building next to the main one. These constructions belonged, up to 1944, to Cabrero Mier's descendants.
In 1899, the second property was leased by José Moure García who little time later installed an inn there, called Las Cuatro Naciones.
The third property that conforms the hotel Armadores de Santander, was in use - from the first years of the XX century and until the half of the decade of the thirty – by the hotel, coffee, restaurant and lunch El Universo, property of Don José Cuenco Bodes.
At the moment, the Hotel Armadores de Santander is operated by the Tourist Company Habaguanex S.A. linked to the office of the historian of City of Havana.